Petkovic wins 2nd-round match at Brisbane
Brisbane: Second-seeded Andrea Petkovic of Germany has advanced to the quarterfinals of the Brisbane International with a 7-6 (2), 6-0 win over Barbora Zahlavova Strycova of the Czech Republic.
Joining Petkovic in the final eight will be 2010 French Open champion Francesca Schiavone of Italy, who beat Galina Voskoboeva of Kazakhstan 6-4, 6-4.
The top-seeded player on the men`s side, Andy Murray, plays his opening match on Tuesday night, followed by a second-round match between defending Australian Open champion Kim Clijsters and former French Open winner Ana Ivanovic.
Top-seeded Samantha Stosur and the player she beat in last year`s U.S. Open final, Serena Williams, won their first-round matches Monday and play their second-round matches on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical