Petkovic wins 2nd-round match at Brisbane
Brisbane: Second-seeded Andrea Petkovic of Germany has advanced to the quarterfinals of the Brisbane International with a 7-6 (2), 6-0 win over Barbora Zahlavova Strycova of the Czech Republic.
Joining Petkovic in the final eight will be 2010 French Open champion Francesca Schiavone of Italy, who beat Galina Voskoboeva of Kazakhstan 6-4, 6-4.
The top-seeded player on the men`s side, Andy Murray, plays his opening match on Tuesday night, followed by a second-round match between defending Australian Open champion Kim Clijsters and former French Open winner Ana Ivanovic.
Top-seeded Samantha Stosur and the player she beat in last year`s U.S. Open final, Serena Williams, won their first-round matches Monday and play their second-round matches on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'