‘Plagued’ Nadal ruled out for two more months due to knee injury
London: World number three Rafael Nadal, who hasn’t played a single tennis match since his shock second-round loss to Czech Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon, has been ruled out for two more months due to his knee injury.
Nadal missed the Olympics in London and the ongoing U.S. Open as a result, and will now sit out of Spain’s Davis Cup semi-final clash with the United States later this month.
“I have missed the Olympics and the U.S. Open in the last few weeks, two of the most important tournaments of the year and (ones) that I really wanted to play,”
“I really want to be back competing and enjoying the tennis tour, but I have many years in front of me and my knee needs some rest,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened