‘Plagued’ Nadal ruled out for two more months due to knee injury
London: World number three Rafael Nadal, who hasn’t played a single tennis match since his shock second-round loss to Czech Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon, has been ruled out for two more months due to his knee injury.
Nadal missed the Olympics in London and the ongoing U.S. Open as a result, and will now sit out of Spain’s Davis Cup semi-final clash with the United States later this month.
“I have missed the Olympics and the U.S. Open in the last few weeks, two of the most important tournaments of the year and (ones) that I really wanted to play,”
“I really want to be back competing and enjoying the tennis tour, but I have many years in front of me and my knee needs some rest,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Is Kashmir major cause of tension between India and Pakistan? Pak Army says 'Yes'
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs
- Congress leader Sheila Dikshit to head panel for Indira Gandhi Birth Centenary Celebrations
- IIFA diaries: Athiya Shetty basking under Spanish sun!
- Vodafone to file prospectus for IPO in August, plans to raise $2.5 billion: Sources