‘Plagued’ Nadal ruled out for two more months due to knee injury
London: World number three Rafael Nadal, who hasn’t played a single tennis match since his shock second-round loss to Czech Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon, has been ruled out for two more months due to his knee injury.
Nadal missed the Olympics in London and the ongoing U.S. Open as a result, and will now sit out of Spain’s Davis Cup semi-final clash with the United States later this month.
“I have missed the Olympics and the U.S. Open in the last few weeks, two of the most important tournaments of the year and (ones) that I really wanted to play,”
“I really want to be back competing and enjoying the tennis tour, but I have many years in front of me and my knee needs some rest,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority