Prerna faces Yang in ITF final
Gulbarga: Unseeded Prerna Bhambri and fourth seed Zi Yang of China set up a title clash with resounding wins in the semi-final of the $10,000 ITF Gulbarga Open women`s Futures tennis championship here Friday.
Prerna, ranked 803 in the world, outplayed the 970th ranked Nan Nan Zhang of China 6-2, 6-2 in 76 minutes. Zi Yang (590) routed top seed Wing Yau Venise Chan of Hong Kong (371) 6-0, 6-0 in 48 minutes.
"I played my natural game but the match was easier than expected," said Prerna, the 20-year-old from Delhi who did not allow Zhang to engage in any prolonged rallies and kept looking for the right openings to come up with winners with her strong forehand.
Prerna kept Zhang on the move all the time with her deep and angled placements. The Chinese, who often struggled with her first serve, failed to break even once.
Prerna broke her rival in the third and seventh games for the first set, and had two more service breaks in the second to wrap up the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?