Prerna, Nedunchezhiyan win national tennis crowns
New Delhi: Prerna Bhambri and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan bagged the Fenesta Open National Tennis Championship crowns in their respective categories here at the R.K. Khanna Tennis Complex Saturday.
In the first match of the day on Court 1, women`s singles second seed Prerna won the title after her opponent and top seed Rishika Sunkara retired due to fever in the all Delhi clash, with Prerna leading 2-6, 7-6(7), 4-1.
Prerna saved two match points in the second set to push the match into the decider where she found legs taking lead immediately before Rishika retired.
In the men`s singles, top seed Nedunchezhiyan of Tamil Nadu overcame Arjun Khade of Maharashtra 7-6(4), 6-1 to bag his first crown here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar