Prerna, Nedunchezhiyan win national tennis crowns
New Delhi: Prerna Bhambri and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan bagged the Fenesta Open National Tennis Championship crowns in their respective categories here at the R.K. Khanna Tennis Complex Saturday.
In the first match of the day on Court 1, women`s singles second seed Prerna won the title after her opponent and top seed Rishika Sunkara retired due to fever in the all Delhi clash, with Prerna leading 2-6, 7-6(7), 4-1.
Prerna saved two match points in the second set to push the match into the decider where she found legs taking lead immediately before Rishika retired.
In the men`s singles, top seed Nedunchezhiyan of Tamil Nadu overcame Arjun Khade of Maharashtra 7-6(4), 6-1 to bag his first crown here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them