Prerna, Nedunchezhiyan win national tennis crowns
New Delhi: Prerna Bhambri and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan bagged the Fenesta Open National Tennis Championship crowns in their respective categories here at the R.K. Khanna Tennis Complex Saturday.
In the first match of the day on Court 1, women`s singles second seed Prerna won the title after her opponent and top seed Rishika Sunkara retired due to fever in the all Delhi clash, with Prerna leading 2-6, 7-6(7), 4-1.
Prerna saved two match points in the second set to push the match into the decider where she found legs taking lead immediately before Rishika retired.
In the men`s singles, top seed Nedunchezhiyan of Tamil Nadu overcame Arjun Khade of Maharashtra 7-6(4), 6-1 to bag his first crown here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note