Qatar Open: Azarenka beats Serena to clinch title
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Doha: Victoria Azarenka defeated Serena Williams in the final of the Qatar Open to clinch the title on Sunday.
The 23-year-old Belarusian defended her title beating the American 7-6 (8-6), 2-6, 6-3 who she had last beaten in 2009.
With this win, Azarenka ended a losing streak that had extended to 10 matches against Serena who is set to replace her as the top-ranked female tennis player in the latest WTA rankings to be issued on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'