Qualifier Munshaw enters semis
Mumbai: Qualifier Vaidik Munshaw of Gujarat made a surprise entry into the semi-finals, while second seed Kunal Anand of Delhi was taken the distance in the Tex Chem Khar Gymkhana All India men`s open tennis tournament.
Munshaw cruised past unseeded Krishna Karsolia of Delhi 6-2 6-4 into the last eight to earn a shot at top seed Nitin Kirtane in the semis. Kirtane ousted sixth seed Suresh Kumar Kamal of Karnataka 6-3 6-1 in another quarter-final tie.
Anand struggled to dispose of wild card Maharashtra rival Pritam Parekh, who upset fifth seed Farid Alam of Bengal 6-3 0-6 7-5 on Thursday.
He would face fourth seed Shantanu Rajput of Delhi for a place in the final. Rajput ousted Rajat Maheshwari of Maharashtra 6-3 2-6 7-5.
Anand later teamed up with Aditya Tewari to beat Rahil Makharia and Aditya Madkekar 2-6 7-5 10-8 in a thrilling doubles semi-final.
The duo would meet Kirtane and Saurabh Patil in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof