Qualifier Munshaw enters semis
Mumbai: Qualifier Vaidik Munshaw of Gujarat made a surprise entry into the semi-finals, while second seed Kunal Anand of Delhi was taken the distance in the Tex Chem Khar Gymkhana All India men`s open tennis tournament.
Munshaw cruised past unseeded Krishna Karsolia of Delhi 6-2 6-4 into the last eight to earn a shot at top seed Nitin Kirtane in the semis. Kirtane ousted sixth seed Suresh Kumar Kamal of Karnataka 6-3 6-1 in another quarter-final tie.
Anand struggled to dispose of wild card Maharashtra rival Pritam Parekh, who upset fifth seed Farid Alam of Bengal 6-3 0-6 7-5 on Thursday.
He would face fourth seed Shantanu Rajput of Delhi for a place in the final. Rajput ousted Rajat Maheshwari of Maharashtra 6-3 2-6 7-5.
Anand later teamed up with Aditya Tewari to beat Rahil Makharia and Aditya Madkekar 2-6 7-5 10-8 in a thrilling doubles semi-final.
The duo would meet Kirtane and Saurabh Patil in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH