Radwanska defeats Kvitova in WTA Championship
Istanbul: Poland`s Agnieszka Radwanska defeated reigning champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic, 6-3, 6-2 as the 2012 WTA Championships kicked off here.
In another White Group match Tuesday, former world No. 1 Maria Sharapova of Russia, seeded number two, beat seventh-seed Sara Errani 6-3, 6-2. The Russian Sharapova also beat the Italian Errani in this year`s French Open final, reports Xinhua.
Third-seed Serena Williams took care of fifth-seeded German Angelique Kerber 6-4, 6-1 in the Red Group.
The single round robin will continue to Friday and the top two players in each group will advance to the semifinals, and the winners will square off in the final Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video