Radwanska withdraws from Cincinnati
Cincinnati: Fourth seed Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland withdrew from the Western and Southern Open for personal reasons on Thursday, sending defending champion Li Na of China through to the semi-finals.
Radwanska had earlier beaten Russian Elena Vesnina 6-0 6-2 to advance to the quarter-finals but withdrew from the tournament to attend her grandfather`s funeral.
"I`m very sorry that I have to withdraw from the tournament. Unfortunately, my grand-dad passed away last Sunday," said Radwanska in a statement.
"The funeral is going to be Saturday and I need to be there.
"I am disappointed to not continue with the tournament, especially because of my form so far this week.
"It was a difficult decision, but I need to be go home and be with my family."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it