Rafael Nadal and Maria Sharapova win Indian Wells titles
Zeenews Sports Bureau
California: Comeback man Rafael Nadal came from a set down to beat Juan Martin del Potro to win BNP Paribas Open on Sunday.
The Spaniard was not only a set behind but also lagging the tall Argentine 1-3 in the second set but he had the last laugh as he eventually went on to win the match 4-6, 6-3, 6-4.
“Seriously, it`s impossible to have better comeback, no? Happy for everything," Nadal was quoted as saying in media reports on Sunday.
This is Nadal’s third Indian Wells ATP Masters title and first hard court title since 2010.
Maria Sharapova defeated Caroline Wozniacki in the women’s final in straight sets to win her second Indian Wells ATP Masters title.
The Russian won in straight sets 6-2, 6-2.
"I always felt like I was always a foot ahead, especially with the breaks. I was able to serve well today, and that helped me," Sharapova said after the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday