Rafael Nadal and Maria Sharapova win Indian Wells titles
Zeenews Sports Bureau
California: Comeback man Rafael Nadal came from a set down to beat Juan Martin del Potro to win BNP Paribas Open on Sunday.
The Spaniard was not only a set behind but also lagging the tall Argentine 1-3 in the second set but he had the last laugh as he eventually went on to win the match 4-6, 6-3, 6-4.
“Seriously, it`s impossible to have better comeback, no? Happy for everything," Nadal was quoted as saying in media reports on Sunday.
This is Nadal’s third Indian Wells ATP Masters title and first hard court title since 2010.
Maria Sharapova defeated Caroline Wozniacki in the women’s final in straight sets to win her second Indian Wells ATP Masters title.
The Russian won in straight sets 6-2, 6-2.
"I always felt like I was always a foot ahead, especially with the breaks. I was able to serve well today, and that helped me," Sharapova said after the match.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev