Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic in exhibition match
Buenos Aires: World No.1 Rafael Nadal proved why he held the top spot as he beat second-seeded Novak Djokovic at an exhibition tennis match here.
The Spaniard defeated his Serbian rival in two sets, 6-4, 7-5, as part of a relaxed joke and humour-filled match watched by more than 12,000 spectators here Sunday.
The two tennis stars were in the South American country to support Argentina`s David Nalbandian, who will retire from pro tennis.
Nalbandian, once ranked No.3 and winner of the 2005 Shanghai Masters Cup, defeated Nadal in the first of the two matches Thursday, winning 6-4, 7-6 (6). Nadal won the second match Saturday, 6-3, 6-4.
During a doubles match, as part of the exhibition series, Djokovic entertained fans by doing his impersonation of Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova and later dressing up as a nurse to attend to Nalbandian.
Nadal and Djokovic also played a game Friday in southern Argentina`s Santa Cruz province against the imposing backdrop of Perito Moreno glacier.
During Sunday`s event, US actor Will Smith, who is in Argentina to film his latest movie, "Focus," got on the court to horse around with the Serbian player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says