Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic in exhibition match
Buenos Aires: World No.1 Rafael Nadal proved why he held the top spot as he beat second-seeded Novak Djokovic at an exhibition tennis match here.
The Spaniard defeated his Serbian rival in two sets, 6-4, 7-5, as part of a relaxed joke and humour-filled match watched by more than 12,000 spectators here Sunday.
The two tennis stars were in the South American country to support Argentina`s David Nalbandian, who will retire from pro tennis.
Nalbandian, once ranked No.3 and winner of the 2005 Shanghai Masters Cup, defeated Nadal in the first of the two matches Thursday, winning 6-4, 7-6 (6). Nadal won the second match Saturday, 6-3, 6-4.
During a doubles match, as part of the exhibition series, Djokovic entertained fans by doing his impersonation of Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova and later dressing up as a nurse to attend to Nalbandian.
Nadal and Djokovic also played a game Friday in southern Argentina`s Santa Cruz province against the imposing backdrop of Perito Moreno glacier.
During Sunday`s event, US actor Will Smith, who is in Argentina to film his latest movie, "Focus," got on the court to horse around with the Serbian player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan