Rafael Nadal can beat Roger Federer`s 17-Slam haul, says Becker
Paris: Rafael Nadal is capable of beating Roger Federer`s record haul of 17 Grand Slams, former German number one Boris Becker told AFP on Thursday.
"If you`d asked me that a few years ago, I`d have said no. But this year he (Nadal) has returned to his top form and now has 13 titles to his credit," Becker said.
"He`s 27 and doesn`t intend to stop there.
"He`s capable of getting more," added the London-based star.
"Nadal is a great competitor. After all that happened to him last season (a long lay-off with a left knee injury) to return and have the success he`s had this year in becoming world number one again is almost a miracle."
Becker was talking about Nadal, who has won 10 titles including the French Open and US Open, at an event linked to the German`s participation in the Doha Goals sports forum in Qatar in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report