Rafael Nadal drops out of ATP top three
Rafael Nadal has slipped a place to four in the latest ATP Rankings published on Monday after losing his first semi-final on clay in 12 years in Rio.
Paris: Rafael Nadal has slipped a place to four in the latest ATP Rankings published on Monday after losing his first semi-final on clay in 12 years in Rio.
The third spot previously occupied by the Spaniard is now filled by Andy Murray, last in action when losing in the quarter-finals in Rotterdam 10 days ago.
This is the first time Nadal has not figured in the top three since August, 2013.
Novak Djokovic, who heads the seeds at this week`s Dubai Open, retains his steely grip on the rankings ahead of Roger Federer.
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 13.045
2. Roger Federer (SUI) 9.205
3. Andy Murray (GBR) 5.460
4. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 5.425
5. Kei Nishikori (JPN) 5.205
6. Milos Raonic (CAN) 4.980
7. Stan Wawrinka (SUI) 4.595
8. Tomas Berdych (CZE) 4.460
9. David Ferrer (ESP) 4.185
10. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL). 3.465
11. Marin Cilic (CRO) 3.450
12. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 2.395
13. Feliciano Lopez (ESP) 2.325
14. Ernests Gulbis (LAT) 2.125
15. Kevin Anderson (RSA) 2.125
16. Gilles Simon (FRA) 2.095
17. Roberto Bautista (ESP) 2.020
18. Tommy Robredo (ESP) 1.755
19. Gaël Monfils (FRA) 1.740
20. John Isner (USA) 1.720
21. David Goffin (BEL) 1.659