Rafael Nadal expresses fear over his ‘body’ in future
Sydney: World No. 2 Rafael Nadal has expressed fears for his body especially his worn out knees after playing so many games on hard courts. Nadal feels that the number of games played on hard courts should be reduced as he referred to another Tennis ace, Leyton Hewitt’s body.
“I`m a little bit scared about how my body is going to feel when I retire because the hard courts like here, like the US Open, like Indian Wells, Miami are very aggressive on the body,” said Nadal in an interview to The Herald Sun.
The six times French Open champion brushed aside any assumption of self-interest behind his view-point and believes that he has won the right to express his opinion since he has won at hard courts.
“I feel I can say these things now because I won here and the US Open on hard court. Before, I could not,” he added. Nadal also blamed the calendar for making the sport tougher than ever and stressed that without proper health, its difficult to have good performances.
“The only negative thing about tennis, if I have to say one, is that the competition is too much. The calendar makes the sport too hard. The hard courts are too aggressive on the body. I really believe that can change. Without health, (performance) is impossible,” quoted Nadal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming