Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray to play in Abu Dhabi in December this year
Manama: Reigning US Open champion Rafael Nadal will reportedly join world number one Novak Djokovic and Wimbledon champion Andy Murray to play in Abu Dhabi at the end of the year.
The Spaniard, who comes just below Djokovic in the world rankings, has confirmed that he will take part in the Mubadala World Tennis Championship from December 26-28, making it his fifth time as a competitor in the tournament.
Nadal was due to compete last year, but had to pull out through injury, and is therefore relishing the chance to make up for that in December.
Expressing his satisfaction at being in the tournament, Nadal, who has twice claimed the trophy in Abu Dhabi in 2010 and 2011, said that the tournament will be a good opportunity to test himself especially just before the start of the new season, adding that despite the competition, he hopes to take the title for a third time.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that Djokovic, who has won the tournament for the last two years, would be aiming for his third straight win in December while Murray took home the inaugural title in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Cow creates chaos near Parliament area!
- Sinners offering money to temples for solace: Chandrababu Naidu
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- IPL 2016: David Warner praises SRH bowlers, fielders for win over KKR in IPL Eliminator
- Not just LGBT, Sonam Kapoor is strong supporter of basic human rights
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured