Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray to play in Abu Dhabi in December this year
Manama: Reigning US Open champion Rafael Nadal will reportedly join world number one Novak Djokovic and Wimbledon champion Andy Murray to play in Abu Dhabi at the end of the year.
The Spaniard, who comes just below Djokovic in the world rankings, has confirmed that he will take part in the Mubadala World Tennis Championship from December 26-28, making it his fifth time as a competitor in the tournament.
Nadal was due to compete last year, but had to pull out through injury, and is therefore relishing the chance to make up for that in December.
Expressing his satisfaction at being in the tournament, Nadal, who has twice claimed the trophy in Abu Dhabi in 2010 and 2011, said that the tournament will be a good opportunity to test himself especially just before the start of the new season, adding that despite the competition, he hopes to take the title for a third time.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that Djokovic, who has won the tournament for the last two years, would be aiming for his third straight win in December while Murray took home the inaugural title in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal