Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray to play in Abu Dhabi in December this year
Manama: Reigning US Open champion Rafael Nadal will reportedly join world number one Novak Djokovic and Wimbledon champion Andy Murray to play in Abu Dhabi at the end of the year.
The Spaniard, who comes just below Djokovic in the world rankings, has confirmed that he will take part in the Mubadala World Tennis Championship from December 26-28, making it his fifth time as a competitor in the tournament.
Nadal was due to compete last year, but had to pull out through injury, and is therefore relishing the chance to make up for that in December.
Expressing his satisfaction at being in the tournament, Nadal, who has twice claimed the trophy in Abu Dhabi in 2010 and 2011, said that the tournament will be a good opportunity to test himself especially just before the start of the new season, adding that despite the competition, he hopes to take the title for a third time.
Meanwhile, the report mentioned that Djokovic, who has won the tournament for the last two years, would be aiming for his third straight win in December while Murray took home the inaugural title in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video