Rafael Nadal overtakes Andy Murray as new World No. 2 after Cincinnati win
London: Rafael Nadal won his ninth title out of his last 11 finals after beating John Isner 7-6, 7-6 in the Cincinnati Open final, and will now overtake Andy Murray as the world`s second best player based on the ATP rankings.
Nadal, talking from considerable experience, thinks Andy Murray will find it easier to win a second US Open title this year than he did the first one 12 months ago, although he was glad to move ahead of his friend to No2 in the world by winning the Cincinnati Open.
Nadal said that in previous occasions, he had not played very well at Cincinnati but was happy to win the US Open warm-up against Isner in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city