Rafael Nadal overtakes Andy Murray as new World No. 2 after Cincinnati win
London: Rafael Nadal won his ninth title out of his last 11 finals after beating John Isner 7-6, 7-6 in the Cincinnati Open final, and will now overtake Andy Murray as the world`s second best player based on the ATP rankings.
Nadal, talking from considerable experience, thinks Andy Murray will find it easier to win a second US Open title this year than he did the first one 12 months ago, although he was glad to move ahead of his friend to No2 in the world by winning the Cincinnati Open.
Nadal said that in previous occasions, he had not played very well at Cincinnati but was happy to win the US Open warm-up against Isner in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe