Rafael Nadal overtakes Andy Murray as new World No. 2 after Cincinnati win
London: Rafael Nadal won his ninth title out of his last 11 finals after beating John Isner 7-6, 7-6 in the Cincinnati Open final, and will now overtake Andy Murray as the world`s second best player based on the ATP rankings.
Nadal, talking from considerable experience, thinks Andy Murray will find it easier to win a second US Open title this year than he did the first one 12 months ago, although he was glad to move ahead of his friend to No2 in the world by winning the Cincinnati Open.
Nadal said that in previous occasions, he had not played very well at Cincinnati but was happy to win the US Open warm-up against Isner in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read