Rafael Nadal progresses in Brazil Open doubles
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sao Paulo: Rafael Nadal has progressed to the second round of Brazil Open doubles partnering David Nalbandian defeating Pablo Andujar and Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain.
The Spanish-Argentine pair won 6-3, 3-6, 11-9 in 79 minutes.
"I am a bit tired after a hard week in Chile. But it was positive," Nadal said earlier in the day. "The process of recovery follows its course. As always I come here to do the best possible and hope that things turn out all right," Nadal was quoted as saying by a news agency after the match.
The former world no.1 begins his singles campaign from Thursday after getting a first-round bye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire