Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams maintain lead on top of latest tennis rankings
Johannesburg: World`s top tennis stars Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams have maintained their lead at the top of the latest ATP and the WTA rankings.
The Spaniard is followed by Serbia`s Novak Djokovic, who has closed the gap from Nadal to 2,230 points after his win at Indian Wells, while Swiss ace Roger Federer has moved up three places from eighth to fifth after losing to Djokovic in California.
According to Sport24, American Williams has 12,660 points to retain a large advantage over second-placed Li Na of China who has 7,185, while in the top ten, German Angelique Kerber has dropped three spots from sixth to ninth with Romania`s Simona Halep and Jelena Jankovic of Serbia taking advantage.
ATP top 10: Nadal (13, 130 points), Djokovic (10, 900), Stanislas Wawrinka (5650), David Ferrer (5150), Federer (5045), Andy Murray (4795), Tomas Berdych (4540), Juan Martin del Potro (4270), Richard Gasquet (2905), John Isner (2670).
WTA top 10: Williams (12,660), Li (7185), Agnieszka Radwanska (6215), Victoria Azarenka (5441), Halep (4775), Jankovic (4590), Maria Sharapova (4271), Petra Kvitova (4235), Kerber (4050), Sara Errani (3830).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing