Rafael Nadal through to Brazil Open Quarter Finals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sao Paulo (Brazil): Former world number 1 Rafael Nadal continued his comeback from a major knee injury with another straight sets win, beating off local boy Joao Souza 6-3 6-2 in an hour and 19 minutes.
The 26-year-old Spaniard made short work of the world number 140 in the second round of the Brazil Open, his second competitive tournament after his knee injury kept him out for almost 8 months, but was still short o his best.
He will face Carlos Berlocq in the Quarter Finals next as he looks to finally get a title under his belt this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what