Rafael Nadal through to Brazil Open Quarter Finals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sao Paulo (Brazil): Former world number 1 Rafael Nadal continued his comeback from a major knee injury with another straight sets win, beating off local boy Joao Souza 6-3 6-2 in an hour and 19 minutes.
The 26-year-old Spaniard made short work of the world number 140 in the second round of the Brazil Open, his second competitive tournament after his knee injury kept him out for almost 8 months, but was still short o his best.
He will face Carlos Berlocq in the Quarter Finals next as he looks to finally get a title under his belt this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today