Rafael Nadal through to Brazil Open Quarter Finals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sao Paulo (Brazil): Former world number 1 Rafael Nadal continued his comeback from a major knee injury with another straight sets win, beating off local boy Joao Souza 6-3 6-2 in an hour and 19 minutes.
The 26-year-old Spaniard made short work of the world number 140 in the second round of the Brazil Open, his second competitive tournament after his knee injury kept him out for almost 8 months, but was still short o his best.
He will face Carlos Berlocq in the Quarter Finals next as he looks to finally get a title under his belt this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM