Rafter challenges Tomic to fulfill prodigious potential
Sydney: Australia’s Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter has questioned Bernard Tomic`s application and commitment and urged him to fulfill his prodigious potential.
He declared that the teenager`s future would hinge on improving his preparation and attitude.
``If he wants to work hard, he will get the results, and he`s got to start having consistent results every time he walks on the court and putting everything out there. That has been one of the weak parts of his game, that he is not applying himself day in, day out, and so that`s up to him,`` the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Rafter, as saying after Australia’s 3-2 loss to Switzerland.
``He needs to be just a bit more disciplined in his attitude and [do] a bit more hard work; just get a lot more miles in his legs and ready to just sort of take on those matches day in, day out, over a long period of time,`` Rafter added.
As to whether the 18-year-old Wimbledon quarter-finalist was receptive to the advice, Rafter said: ``Don`t know. I`ve told him a few times. It`s up to him now to make his decision.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days