Rafter challenges Tomic to fulfill prodigious potential
Sydney: Australia’s Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter has questioned Bernard Tomic`s application and commitment and urged him to fulfill his prodigious potential.
He declared that the teenager`s future would hinge on improving his preparation and attitude.
``If he wants to work hard, he will get the results, and he`s got to start having consistent results every time he walks on the court and putting everything out there. That has been one of the weak parts of his game, that he is not applying himself day in, day out, and so that`s up to him,`` the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Rafter, as saying after Australia’s 3-2 loss to Switzerland.
``He needs to be just a bit more disciplined in his attitude and [do] a bit more hard work; just get a lot more miles in his legs and ready to just sort of take on those matches day in, day out, over a long period of time,`` Rafter added.
As to whether the 18-year-old Wimbledon quarter-finalist was receptive to the advice, Rafter said: ``Don`t know. I`ve told him a few times. It`s up to him now to make his decision.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!