Rain delays start of India-NZ Davis Cup tie
Chandigarh: Heavy showers early in the morning delayed the start of the Davis Cup tie between India and New Zealand on Friday.
Efforts are being made to dry the courts as the sun is shining bright now. The officials will have a final inspection at 11:30 am and are hoping that they will be able to start the proceedings at that time.
The players will start practice from 10:45am.
India`s Yuki Bhambri, ranked 179, is slated to play the first singles against Daniel King-Turner, who is ranked 382.
Vishnu Vardhan, ranked 262, then will take on Kiwi number one Jose Statham, ranked 317 in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday