Rain delays start of India-NZ Davis Cup tie
Chandigarh: Heavy showers early in the morning delayed the start of the Davis Cup tie between India and New Zealand on Friday.
Efforts are being made to dry the courts as the sun is shining bright now. The officials will have a final inspection at 11:30 am and are hoping that they will be able to start the proceedings at that time.
The players will start practice from 10:45am.
India`s Yuki Bhambri, ranked 179, is slated to play the first singles against Daniel King-Turner, who is ranked 382.
Vishnu Vardhan, ranked 262, then will take on Kiwi number one Jose Statham, ranked 317 in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM