Rain delays start of India-NZ Davis Cup tie
Chandigarh: Heavy showers early in the morning delayed the start of the Davis Cup tie between India and New Zealand on Friday.
Efforts are being made to dry the courts as the sun is shining bright now. The officials will have a final inspection at 11:30 am and are hoping that they will be able to start the proceedings at that time.
The players will start practice from 10:45am.
India`s Yuki Bhambri, ranked 179, is slated to play the first singles against Daniel King-Turner, who is ranked 382.
Vishnu Vardhan, ranked 262, then will take on Kiwi number one Jose Statham, ranked 317 in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 33 rescued lions arrive in South Africa in airlift
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation