Ramanathan advances in ATP Chennai Open
Chennai: Ramkumar Ramanathan kept his chances of making the main draw alive defeating Mikhail Elgin of Russia 6-3, 7-5 in the qualifying rounds of the Aircel ATP Chennai Open tennis tournament here Sunday.
The other Indian in the fray, Sanam Singh, however, went down 5-7, 5-7 to Frederik Nielsen of Denmark.
The results (Qualifying - 2nd Round):
H Laaksonen (SUI) bt G Soeda (JPN) 7-5 6-4; N Gombos (SVK) bt D Lajovic (SRB) 2-6 6-1 6-4; P Oswald (AUT) bt R Ram (USA) 6-1 3-6 7-5; I Marchenko (UKR) bt A Giannessi (ITA) 6-3 6-4; R Albot (MDA) bt Z Zhang (CHN) 7-6(2) 6-3; A Kudryavtsev (RUS) bt K Khachanov (RUS) 7-6(9) 6-3; F Nielsen (DEN) bt S Singh (IND) 7-5 7-5; R Ramanathan (IND) bt M Elgin (RUS) 6-3 7-5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic