Ramanathan advances in ATP Chennai Open
Chennai: Ramkumar Ramanathan kept his chances of making the main draw alive defeating Mikhail Elgin of Russia 6-3, 7-5 in the qualifying rounds of the Aircel ATP Chennai Open tennis tournament here Sunday.
The other Indian in the fray, Sanam Singh, however, went down 5-7, 5-7 to Frederik Nielsen of Denmark.
The results (Qualifying - 2nd Round):
H Laaksonen (SUI) bt G Soeda (JPN) 7-5 6-4; N Gombos (SVK) bt D Lajovic (SRB) 2-6 6-1 6-4; P Oswald (AUT) bt R Ram (USA) 6-1 3-6 7-5; I Marchenko (UKR) bt A Giannessi (ITA) 6-3 6-4; R Albot (MDA) bt Z Zhang (CHN) 7-6(2) 6-3; A Kudryavtsev (RUS) bt K Khachanov (RUS) 7-6(9) 6-3; F Nielsen (DEN) bt S Singh (IND) 7-5 7-5; R Ramanathan (IND) bt M Elgin (RUS) 6-3 7-5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary