Raonic uspets Murray at Barcelona
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Madrid: Big serving teen sensation Milos Raonic halted Brit Andy Murray’s progress to the semi-finals of the Barcelona Open as the Canadian dispatched Murray 6-4, 7-6 on Friday.
Raonic will now meet David Ferrer in the semis, who had a tough match against Feliciano Lopez saving three match points before clinching the riveting tie 6-7 7-6 6-3.
After the win Raonic said, "Clay`s not (Murray`s) best surface, but he consistently does well on it," Raonic said on the ATP website (www.atpworldtour.com).
Late in the night, fan favourite and title holder Rafael Nadal also crusied to the semis defeating Janko Tipsarevic 6-2 6-2 to meet good friend Fernando Verdesco in the semis,
"Tomorrow I am in the semi-finals and I`ll have to play at my best to have a chance so let`s see what happens," said Nadal after his win.
Verdesco on the other hand got a bye in his quarterfinal match as Kei Nishikori of Japan was forced to retire with an abdominal injury when trailing 4-2 in the first set.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency