Rastogi out of doubles in Singapore event, Purav in quarters
Singapore: Karan Rastogi`s doubles challenge
at the Singapore ATP Challenger ended with a first round
defeat even as his compatriot Purav Raja advanced to the
quarter-finals here on Thursday.
Rastogi and his Indonesian partner Christopher Rungkat,
wild card entrants, lost tamely 1-6, 4-6 to second seed Thai
pair of Sanchai and Sonchat Ratiwatana.
Raja and his Philippines partner Treat Conard Huey beat
Chinese pair of Mao-Xinn Gong and Zhe Li 6-2, 6-1 in their
opening round of the USD 50,000 hard court event.
Another Indian in the doubles draw is Somdev Devvarman,
who has teamed with South Africa`s Rik de Voest. They will
open their campaign against fourth seed Italians Flavio
Cipolla and Simone Vagnozzi.
Both Somdev and Rastogi have already advanced to the
second round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog