Rastogi out of doubles in Singapore event, Purav in quarters
Singapore: Karan Rastogi`s doubles challenge
at the Singapore ATP Challenger ended with a first round
defeat even as his compatriot Purav Raja advanced to the
quarter-finals here on Thursday.
Rastogi and his Indonesian partner Christopher Rungkat,
wild card entrants, lost tamely 1-6, 4-6 to second seed Thai
pair of Sanchai and Sonchat Ratiwatana.
Raja and his Philippines partner Treat Conard Huey beat
Chinese pair of Mao-Xinn Gong and Zhe Li 6-2, 6-1 in their
opening round of the USD 50,000 hard court event.
Another Indian in the doubles draw is Somdev Devvarman,
who has teamed with South Africa`s Rik de Voest. They will
open their campaign against fourth seed Italians Flavio
Cipolla and Simone Vagnozzi.
Both Somdev and Rastogi have already advanced to the
second round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards