Rastogi out of doubles in Singapore event, Purav in quarters
Singapore: Karan Rastogi`s doubles challenge
at the Singapore ATP Challenger ended with a first round
defeat even as his compatriot Purav Raja advanced to the
quarter-finals here on Thursday.
Rastogi and his Indonesian partner Christopher Rungkat,
wild card entrants, lost tamely 1-6, 4-6 to second seed Thai
pair of Sanchai and Sonchat Ratiwatana.
Raja and his Philippines partner Treat Conard Huey beat
Chinese pair of Mao-Xinn Gong and Zhe Li 6-2, 6-1 in their
opening round of the USD 50,000 hard court event.
Another Indian in the doubles draw is Somdev Devvarman,
who has teamed with South Africa`s Rik de Voest. They will
open their campaign against fourth seed Italians Flavio
Cipolla and Simone Vagnozzi.
Both Somdev and Rastogi have already advanced to the
second round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees