Rastogi out of doubles in Singapore event, Purav in quarters
Singapore: Karan Rastogi`s doubles challenge
at the Singapore ATP Challenger ended with a first round
defeat even as his compatriot Purav Raja advanced to the
quarter-finals here on Thursday.
Rastogi and his Indonesian partner Christopher Rungkat,
wild card entrants, lost tamely 1-6, 4-6 to second seed Thai
pair of Sanchai and Sonchat Ratiwatana.
Raja and his Philippines partner Treat Conard Huey beat
Chinese pair of Mao-Xinn Gong and Zhe Li 6-2, 6-1 in their
opening round of the USD 50,000 hard court event.
Another Indian in the doubles draw is Somdev Devvarman,
who has teamed with South Africa`s Rik de Voest. They will
open their campaign against fourth seed Italians Flavio
Cipolla and Simone Vagnozzi.
Both Somdev and Rastogi have already advanced to the
second round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured