Richard Gasquet parts ways with coach Riccardo Piatti
London: French world number nine Richard Gasquet said he was surprised that his Italian coach Riccardo Piatti had decided to call time on their partnership.
Gasquet, whose ATP World Tour Finals campaign came to an end with a 7-6 (7/5), 4-6, 6-3 defeat against Novak Djokovic on Saturday, said it was not his decision to call time on their two-year link-up.
"It wasn`t me who decided, it was him who indicated yesterday that he wanted to stop. I was surprised," he said.
Piatti had been present in London, where Gasquet lost to Djokovic, Roger Federer and Juan Martin del Potro, until Friday.
"I am disappointed because things were going well between us," added Gasquet.
"But that`s life. There are no problems. I haven`t lost my father or my mother."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested