Richard Gasquet parts ways with coach Riccardo Piatti
London: French world number nine Richard Gasquet said he was surprised that his Italian coach Riccardo Piatti had decided to call time on their partnership.
Gasquet, whose ATP World Tour Finals campaign came to an end with a 7-6 (7/5), 4-6, 6-3 defeat against Novak Djokovic on Saturday, said it was not his decision to call time on their two-year link-up.
"It wasn`t me who decided, it was him who indicated yesterday that he wanted to stop. I was surprised," he said.
Piatti had been present in London, where Gasquet lost to Djokovic, Roger Federer and Juan Martin del Potro, until Friday.
"I am disappointed because things were going well between us," added Gasquet.
"But that`s life. There are no problems. I haven`t lost my father or my mother."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why