Rising Australian talent Nick Kyrgios splits with coach Rea
Sydney: Rising talent Nick Kyrgios has confirmed his split with coach Simon Rea to spend more time at his Canberra home, the Australian teenager said on Saturday.
The 19-year-old, who took Wimbledon by storm by beating then-world number one Rafa Nadal on the way to the quarter-finals, had worked with New Zealander Rea since winning the 2013 Australian Open junior singles title.
Governing body Tennis Australia will continue to have a heavy influence over the prodigy`s development, with Davis Cup coach Josh Eagle and Canberra-based academy coach Todd Larkham taking over in a tandem arrangement.
"My desire to be at home more in Canberra, when I am not at tournaments has driven me to make the decision for change within my team," the world number 66 Kyrgios said in a statement.
"Not only is Simon a great coach but he is a great person and I wish him all the best in the next phase of his coaching career."
Kyrgios plays his next tournament at the ATP 1000 in Toronto next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!