Robson splits with tennis coach MacLagan
London: British number one Laura Robson has ended her coaching relationship with Miles Maclagan after just four months together.
The 19-year-old started working with Maclagan, who previously helped coach Andy Murray, just ahead of the the grass court season in June.
Their partnership started well with Robson reaching the fourth round of Wimbledon, but since then her results have been disappointing.
Left-hander Robson made round three at the US Open but is currently on a run of three wins in four tournaments on the WTA`s Asian swing that her seen her world ranking dip to 46.
She posted on her Facebook page: "Bit of news... Miles and I have decided not to continue our partnership.
"I want to thank Miles for stepping in on quick notice to be my coach this summer.
"I have great respect for him and a person and coach and look forward to continuing our friendship.
"I will take a couple weeks off to refresh my mind and body and will keep my fans updated on my coaching situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader