Robson splits with tennis coach MacLagan
London: British number one Laura Robson has ended her coaching relationship with Miles Maclagan after just four months together.
The 19-year-old started working with Maclagan, who previously helped coach Andy Murray, just ahead of the the grass court season in June.
Their partnership started well with Robson reaching the fourth round of Wimbledon, but since then her results have been disappointing.
Left-hander Robson made round three at the US Open but is currently on a run of three wins in four tournaments on the WTA`s Asian swing that her seen her world ranking dip to 46.
She posted on her Facebook page: "Bit of news... Miles and I have decided not to continue our partnership.
"I want to thank Miles for stepping in on quick notice to be my coach this summer.
"I have great respect for him and a person and coach and look forward to continuing our friendship.
"I will take a couple weeks off to refresh my mind and body and will keep my fans updated on my coaching situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM