Roddick beats Dimitrov at Shanghai Masters
Shanghai: Andy Roddick defeated Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 7-6 (3), 7-5 on Tuesday to advance to the third round of the Shanghai Masters.
The 10th-seeded Roddick came back from a break down in the second set and saved a set point before breaking Dimitrov at love to close out the match.
Dimitrov finished with 28 winners in the match, nearly twice as many as Roddick, but also made 51 unforced errors.
Roddick next plays seventh-seeded Nicolas Almagro of Spain, who defeated countryman Tommy Robredo, 7-5, 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you