Roddick beats Dimitrov at Shanghai Masters
Shanghai: Andy Roddick defeated Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 7-6 (3), 7-5 on Tuesday to advance to the third round of the Shanghai Masters.
The 10th-seeded Roddick came back from a break down in the second set and saved a set point before breaking Dimitrov at love to close out the match.
Dimitrov finished with 28 winners in the match, nearly twice as many as Roddick, but also made 51 unforced errors.
Roddick next plays seventh-seeded Nicolas Almagro of Spain, who defeated countryman Tommy Robredo, 7-5, 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside