Roddick wins 1st-round match at Australian Open
Melbourne: Andy Roddick defeated Robin Haase of the Netherlands 6-3, 6-4, 6-1 to move into the second round of the Australian Open on Tuesday.
Roddick looked sharp throughout the contest, hitting 35 winners and breaking the Dutchman six times.
The 15th-seeded American broke Haase to go up 3-0 in the final set with a running passing shot down the line that left his opponent hitting his head with his racket. He broke Haase again to close out the match.
Roddick is attempting to regain his top playing form after slipping out of the top 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested