Roger Federer beats Rafa Nadal to enter final
Indian Wells: John Isner pulled off the biggest win of his career at the BNP Paribas Open on Saturday before Roger Federer outplayed long-time rival Rafa Nadal in the other semi-final.
Big-serving American Isner overpowered world number one Novak Djokovic 7-6, 3-6, 7-6 and will face Federer in Sunday`s final, the Swiss having eased past Spaniard Nadal 6-3, 6-4.
The second semi-final was delayed by three-and-a-half hours because of steady rain before Federer and Nadal came out for their heavily anticipated showdown, the Swiss dominating before sealing victory in one hour, 31 minutes.
Serving for the match at 5-4 and 40-30, Federer was briefly held up by a light sprinkling of rain before he powered down a 125 mph ace, his sixth in all, to book his place in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?