Roger Federer defeats David Ferrer, advances to semifinals of ATP World Tour Finals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Roger Federer defeated David Ferrer 6-4, 7-6 (5) to advance to the semifinals of ATP finals with a match to spare.
The defending champion earned his second straight victory at the season-ending tournament, on Thursday.
But it wasn’t a cakewalk for the 17-time Grand Slam champion as Ferrer gave his opponent a neck-to-neck fight. Towards the end, Federer improved his record to 14-0 against Ferrer.
In the late Group B match, Tipsarevic will face Juan Martin del Potro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug