Roger Federer defeats David Ferrer, advances to semifinals of ATP World Tour Finals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Roger Federer defeated David Ferrer 6-4, 7-6 (5) to advance to the semifinals of ATP finals with a match to spare.
The defending champion earned his second straight victory at the season-ending tournament, on Thursday.
But it wasn’t a cakewalk for the 17-time Grand Slam champion as Ferrer gave his opponent a neck-to-neck fight. Towards the end, Federer improved his record to 14-0 against Ferrer.
In the late Group B match, Tipsarevic will face Juan Martin del Potro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal