Roger Federer defeats David Ferrer, advances to semifinals of ATP World Tour Finals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Roger Federer defeated David Ferrer 6-4, 7-6 (5) to advance to the semifinals of ATP finals with a match to spare.
The defending champion earned his second straight victory at the season-ending tournament, on Thursday.
But it wasn’t a cakewalk for the 17-time Grand Slam champion as Ferrer gave his opponent a neck-to-neck fight. Towards the end, Federer improved his record to 14-0 against Ferrer.
In the late Group B match, Tipsarevic will face Juan Martin del Potro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL