Roger Federer defeats David Ferrer, advances to semifinals of ATP World Tour Finals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Roger Federer defeated David Ferrer 6-4, 7-6 (5) to advance to the semifinals of ATP finals with a match to spare.
The defending champion earned his second straight victory at the season-ending tournament, on Thursday.
But it wasn’t a cakewalk for the 17-time Grand Slam champion as Ferrer gave his opponent a neck-to-neck fight. Towards the end, Federer improved his record to 14-0 against Ferrer.
In the late Group B match, Tipsarevic will face Juan Martin del Potro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back