Roger Federer defeats Del Potro, to face Rafael Nadal in semis
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
London: There was a lot to cheer for Roger Federer fans in the ATP World Tour at the O2 Arena on Saturday as the Swiss legend bounced back from a set down to defeat Juan Martin Del Potro 4-6, 7-6, 7-5.
In an intense battle that lasted for two hours and 26 minutes, Federer emerged victorious and with this win, he sealed his berth for the semis of the tournament.
After both the players won a set each, Federer was trailing 0-3 in the decider after which he bounced back and levelled the score at 3-3 and then went on to the win the match.
Roger Federer became the fourth man to reach the semis, joining Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka.
The crowd will now probably have entertainment worth their money as by defeating Del Potro, the 32-year-old has set up a semi-final showdown against Rafael Nadal.
Prior to this match, the 17-time Grand Slam winner had defeated Richard Gasquet 6-4, 6-3 in round-robin play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?