Roger Federer defeats Del Potro, to face Rafael Nadal in semis
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
London: There was a lot to cheer for Roger Federer fans in the ATP World Tour at the O2 Arena on Saturday as the Swiss legend bounced back from a set down to defeat Juan Martin Del Potro 4-6, 7-6, 7-5.
In an intense battle that lasted for two hours and 26 minutes, Federer emerged victorious and with this win, he sealed his berth for the semis of the tournament.
After both the players won a set each, Federer was trailing 0-3 in the decider after which he bounced back and levelled the score at 3-3 and then went on to the win the match.
Roger Federer became the fourth man to reach the semis, joining Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka.
The crowd will now probably have entertainment worth their money as by defeating Del Potro, the 32-year-old has set up a semi-final showdown against Rafael Nadal.
Prior to this match, the 17-time Grand Slam winner had defeated Richard Gasquet 6-4, 6-3 in round-robin play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index