Roger Federer defeats Del Potro, to face Rafael Nadal in semis
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
London: There was a lot to cheer for Roger Federer fans in the ATP World Tour at the O2 Arena on Saturday as the Swiss legend bounced back from a set down to defeat Juan Martin Del Potro 4-6, 7-6, 7-5.
In an intense battle that lasted for two hours and 26 minutes, Federer emerged victorious and with this win, he sealed his berth for the semis of the tournament.
After both the players won a set each, Federer was trailing 0-3 in the decider after which he bounced back and levelled the score at 3-3 and then went on to the win the match.
Roger Federer became the fourth man to reach the semis, joining Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka.
The crowd will now probably have entertainment worth their money as by defeating Del Potro, the 32-year-old has set up a semi-final showdown against Rafael Nadal.
Prior to this match, the 17-time Grand Slam winner had defeated Richard Gasquet 6-4, 6-3 in round-robin play.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics