Roger Federer defeats Del Potro, to face Rafael Nadal in semis
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
London: There was a lot to cheer for Roger Federer fans in the ATP World Tour at the O2 Arena on Saturday as the Swiss legend bounced back from a set down to defeat Juan Martin Del Potro 4-6, 7-6, 7-5.
In an intense battle that lasted for two hours and 26 minutes, Federer emerged victorious and with this win, he sealed his berth for the semis of the tournament.
After both the players won a set each, Federer was trailing 0-3 in the decider after which he bounced back and levelled the score at 3-3 and then went on to the win the match.
Roger Federer became the fourth man to reach the semis, joining Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka.
The crowd will now probably have entertainment worth their money as by defeating Del Potro, the 32-year-old has set up a semi-final showdown against Rafael Nadal.
Prior to this match, the 17-time Grand Slam winner had defeated Richard Gasquet 6-4, 6-3 in round-robin play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre