Roger Federer defeats Del Potro, to face Rafael Nadal in semis
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
London: There was a lot to cheer for Roger Federer fans in the ATP World Tour at the O2 Arena on Saturday as the Swiss legend bounced back from a set down to defeat Juan Martin Del Potro 4-6, 7-6, 7-5.
In an intense battle that lasted for two hours and 26 minutes, Federer emerged victorious and with this win, he sealed his berth for the semis of the tournament.
After both the players won a set each, Federer was trailing 0-3 in the decider after which he bounced back and levelled the score at 3-3 and then went on to the win the match.
Roger Federer became the fourth man to reach the semis, joining Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka.
The crowd will now probably have entertainment worth their money as by defeating Del Potro, the 32-year-old has set up a semi-final showdown against Rafael Nadal.
Prior to this match, the 17-time Grand Slam winner had defeated Richard Gasquet 6-4, 6-3 in round-robin play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'