Roger Federer downs Mathieu to reach Basel final
Basel: World No.1 Roger Federer beat Paul-Henri Mathieu to reach the final of the Swiss Indoors tennis tournament here.
Top-seeded Federer hit 10 aces as he beat Mathieu 7-5, 6-4 on the hard court Saturday and reach a record ninth final at the event, which he has won five times.
In Sunday?s final, the Swiss star will meet second seed Juan Martin del Potro, who eased past Richard Gasquet 6-2, 6-2 earlier.
Federer has a 13-2 head-to-head score against the Argentine, with both losses in 2009, the most notable being the US Open final.
The prize fund for the tournament is USD1.4 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city