Roger Federer downs Mathieu to reach Basel final
Basel: World No.1 Roger Federer beat Paul-Henri Mathieu to reach the final of the Swiss Indoors tennis tournament here.
Top-seeded Federer hit 10 aces as he beat Mathieu 7-5, 6-4 on the hard court Saturday and reach a record ninth final at the event, which he has won five times.
In Sunday?s final, the Swiss star will meet second seed Juan Martin del Potro, who eased past Richard Gasquet 6-2, 6-2 earlier.
Federer has a 13-2 head-to-head score against the Argentine, with both losses in 2009, the most notable being the US Open final.
The prize fund for the tournament is USD1.4 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site