Roger Federer downs Mathieu to reach Basel final
Basel: World No.1 Roger Federer beat Paul-Henri Mathieu to reach the final of the Swiss Indoors tennis tournament here.
Top-seeded Federer hit 10 aces as he beat Mathieu 7-5, 6-4 on the hard court Saturday and reach a record ninth final at the event, which he has won five times.
In Sunday?s final, the Swiss star will meet second seed Juan Martin del Potro, who eased past Richard Gasquet 6-2, 6-2 earlier.
Federer has a 13-2 head-to-head score against the Argentine, with both losses in 2009, the most notable being the US Open final.
The prize fund for the tournament is USD1.4 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you