Roger Federer suffers shock defeat against Hewitt
Halle: Roger Federer suffered a shock defeat by Lleyton Hewitt in the final of the Halle grasscourt event, losing 3-6, 7-6, 6-4 to the Australian.
The result was totally unexpected since six-times Wimbledon champion Federer had not lost a match at Halle since 2002, winning the title five times, and had beaten Hewitt in their last 15 showdowns.
Hewitt, a former Wimbledon champion himself, ended the two hour 20 minute contest when his forehand hit the net tape and dropped dead on Federer`s side.
Before Sunday, Federer had been defeated on grass just once since 2003, that coming in the 2008 Wimbledon final against Rafael Nadal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'