Roger Federer survives Milos Raonic scare
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Madrid: Roger Federer survived an early scare before beating Milos Raonic 4-6, 7-5, 7-6 (4) at the Madrid Open on Wednesday.
Federer narrowly escaped a second round exit after he was stretched by the 23rd-ranked Canadian. He hasn`t been eliminated in the second round of a tournament since the 2010 Rome Masters.
Earlier, Rafael Nadal had an easier time in his first match on the blue clay earlier Wednesday as he beat Nikolay Davydenko 6-2, 6-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city