Roger Federer wins Gerry Weber Open
Zee Media Bureau
Halle: World number three Roger Federer defeated Mikhail Youzhny in the ATP final at Halle on Sunday to clinch his first title of the year.
The Swiss won 6-7 (5/7), 6-3, 6-4 after being a set down to win the Gerry Weber Open.
"I feel fit; I feel confident. I`m excited about what`s to come. I`m very pleased with how I played this week," Federer said after the match.
This is Federer’s sixth Halle title and the 77th title of his career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured