Rohan Bopanna- Colin Fleming win Open 13 title
Marseille (France): Rohan Bopanna won his first title of the season when he combined with Colin Fleming to claim the ATP Open 13 doubles trophy with a straight-sets win over Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi and Jeal-Julien Rojer, here on Sunday.
The second seeded Indo-British pair edged past the top seeds 6-4, 7-6 (3) in the summit clash of the euro 528135 hard court event.
Bopanna played with Fleming in the absence of regular partner Rajeev Ram.
The second seeds saved all the four breakpoints they faced in the match before prevailing in the second-set tie- breaker.
It was eighth ATP doubles title for Bopanna, who has been ignored for India`s Davis Cup tie against Indonesia.
Last year he won two titles -- Paris Masters and Dubai event -- with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi.
Bopanna and Fleming shared euro 29,000 as prize money and earned 250 ranking points each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145