Roland Garros to stage Davis Cup semi
Roland Garros: France will stage September`s Davis Cup semi-final against the Czech Republic on the claycourts of Roland Garros, the French Tennis Federation announced on Monday.
The 15,000-capacity Philippe Chatrier centre-court at the complex on the western fringes of Paris, home to the French Open, was the choice of French captain Arnaud Clement.
It will be the first time that a Davis Cup match has been staged there since the 2002 semi-finals when France defeated the United States before they lost 3-2 to Russia in the final, also held in Paris, but in the indoors Bercy Stadium.
The Czech Republic led by Thomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek have won the last two Davis Cups, while the last French win in the team event dates back to 2001 when they beat Australia in the final.
France and the Czech Republic have played each other 14 times in the Davis Cup with both countries winning seven times.
The tie will be played from September 12-14.
The other semi-final opposes Italy and Roger Federer`s Switzerland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof