Safarova, Errani to open Fed Cup semi-final
Prague: Lucie Safarova and Sara Errani will open the Fed Cup semi-final tie between the Czech Republic and holders Italy in the eastern Czech city of Ostrava starting on Saturday, following Friday`s draw.
Safarova, the world number 26 and the Czech number two, will face 11th-ranked Italian number one Errani on the hardcourt of Ostrava`s CEZ Arena at 1100 GMT.
Sixth-ranked Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic will then take on 54th-ranked Camila Giorgi.
On Sunday, Kvitova will play against Errani and Safarova will then take on Giorgi.
Klara Koukalova and Andrea Hlavackova are due to face Roberta Vinci and Karin Knapp in the doubles rubber, but the line-ups for Sunday may change.
The two teams have been taking turns as Fed Cup champions for the last five years, with Italy lifting the trophy in 2009, 2010 and 2013 and the Czechs winning in 2011 and 2012.
In the other semi-final, Australia take on Germany in Brisbane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing