Safarova, Errani to open Fed Cup semi-final
Prague: Lucie Safarova and Sara Errani will open the Fed Cup semi-final tie between the Czech Republic and holders Italy in the eastern Czech city of Ostrava starting on Saturday, following Friday`s draw.
Safarova, the world number 26 and the Czech number two, will face 11th-ranked Italian number one Errani on the hardcourt of Ostrava`s CEZ Arena at 1100 GMT.
Sixth-ranked Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic will then take on 54th-ranked Camila Giorgi.
On Sunday, Kvitova will play against Errani and Safarova will then take on Giorgi.
Klara Koukalova and Andrea Hlavackova are due to face Roberta Vinci and Karin Knapp in the doubles rubber, but the line-ups for Sunday may change.
The two teams have been taking turns as Fed Cup champions for the last five years, with Italy lifting the trophy in 2009, 2010 and 2013 and the Czechs winning in 2011 and 2012.
In the other semi-final, Australia take on Germany in Brisbane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister