Safarova, Errani to open Fed Cup semi-final
Prague: Lucie Safarova and Sara Errani will open the Fed Cup semi-final tie between the Czech Republic and holders Italy in the eastern Czech city of Ostrava starting on Saturday, following Friday`s draw.
Safarova, the world number 26 and the Czech number two, will face 11th-ranked Italian number one Errani on the hardcourt of Ostrava`s CEZ Arena at 1100 GMT.
Sixth-ranked Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic will then take on 54th-ranked Camila Giorgi.
On Sunday, Kvitova will play against Errani and Safarova will then take on Giorgi.
Klara Koukalova and Andrea Hlavackova are due to face Roberta Vinci and Karin Knapp in the doubles rubber, but the line-ups for Sunday may change.
The two teams have been taking turns as Fed Cup champions for the last five years, with Italy lifting the trophy in 2009, 2010 and 2013 and the Czechs winning in 2011 and 2012.
In the other semi-final, Australia take on Germany in Brisbane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site