Samantha Stosur hires former Murray coach Maclagan
Melbourne: Former US Open champion Sam Stosur has turned to Andy Murray`s former coach Miles Maclagan to help reverse her slide down the world rankings, Tennis Australia said on Thursday.
The 29-year-old Australian, who has dropped to 18th in the world from fourth in 2011, failed to get beyond the third round at any of the year`s grand slams and split with her long-time coach David Taylor shortly before this year`s U.S. Open.
Briton Maclagan joined Murray`s camp in 2007 and helped the Scot develop into a grand slam contender before parting ways in 2010. He recently split with British women`s number Laura Robson after a four-month stint.
After the hard-hitting Queenslander made the semi-finals at Roland Garros in 2009 she broke through for her maiden grand slam title at Flushing Meadows when she humbled Serena Williams in the 2011 final.
However, she has struggled for consistency since and plunged to her lowest ranking in three years after being dumped out of the first round of this year`s U.S. Open by a qualifier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Have undertaken 'maximum' reforms, enormous task ahead: PM Narendra Modi
- Watch: Sun-powered Solar Impulse 2 lands in Pennsylvania!
- Indian Premier League 2016, Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Preview
- Beware, workaholics: Excessive working may elevate depression, anxiety
- Sidharth, Alia perfect for 'Aashiqui 3': Mukesh Bhatt