Samantha Stosur hoping for good start to 2014 with Hopman Cup `preparations`
Sydney: Teenaged Australian tennis ace Samantha Stosur is hoping that playing at least three matches at the Hopman Cup against players in the top 35 will set her on her way to the new season.
Australia`s No.1 female tennis player has not made it past the second round when she has played in the alternative season starting tournament to the Hopman Cup, the Brisbane International , and none of those losses have come at the hands of players inside the top forty.
According to a leading newspaper, Stosur wants early time on court as she admitted that she is not a great starter to a new tennis season, adding that the three matches at the Hopman Cup can be important for her as she can get used to match conditions and find time on court, ahead of the Australian Open.
Stosur goes in to 2014 in cracking form, with her last three tournaments of the 2013 season ended in the final, losing two and winning one title, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report