Samantha Stosur hoping for good start to 2014 with Hopman Cup `preparations`
Sydney: Teenaged Australian tennis ace Samantha Stosur is hoping that playing at least three matches at the Hopman Cup against players in the top 35 will set her on her way to the new season.
Australia`s No.1 female tennis player has not made it past the second round when she has played in the alternative season starting tournament to the Hopman Cup, the Brisbane International , and none of those losses have come at the hands of players inside the top forty.
According to a leading newspaper, Stosur wants early time on court as she admitted that she is not a great starter to a new tennis season, adding that the three matches at the Hopman Cup can be important for her as she can get used to match conditions and find time on court, ahead of the Australian Open.
Stosur goes in to 2014 in cracking form, with her last three tournaments of the 2013 season ended in the final, losing two and winning one title, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30