Sanam ends runner-up in Toronto, Balaji-Ranjeet win in Egypt
New Delhi: Sanam Singh will have to wait for his second title of the season as he suffered a tame defeat against Peter Polansky in the summit clash of the ITF men`s Futures tournament in Toronto, Canada.
Second seeded Sanam lost 2-6 2-6 to his top seeded rival, a local favourite, in the final match of the USD 15,000 hard court tournament.
The diminutive Indian had won his first title in America in March.
Meanwhile, N Sriram Balaji and former national champion Ranjeet Virali Murugesan won the doubles title in Sharam-Al-Sheikh.
The top seeded Indian pair defeated Egyptian fourth seeds Karim Hossam and Karim-Mohammed Maamoun 6-4 7-6 (10).
Balaji had lost in the singles semifinals after a tough fight against Egyptian qualifier Mazen Osama.
The second seeded Indian lost 6-7 (3) 4-6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption