Sanam ends runner-up in Toronto, Balaji-Ranjeet win in Egypt
New Delhi: Sanam Singh will have to wait for his second title of the season as he suffered a tame defeat against Peter Polansky in the summit clash of the ITF men`s Futures tournament in Toronto, Canada.
Second seeded Sanam lost 2-6 2-6 to his top seeded rival, a local favourite, in the final match of the USD 15,000 hard court tournament.
The diminutive Indian had won his first title in America in March.
Meanwhile, N Sriram Balaji and former national champion Ranjeet Virali Murugesan won the doubles title in Sharam-Al-Sheikh.
The top seeded Indian pair defeated Egyptian fourth seeds Karim Hossam and Karim-Mohammed Maamoun 6-4 7-6 (10).
Balaji had lost in the singles semifinals after a tough fight against Egyptian qualifier Mazen Osama.
The second seeded Indian lost 6-7 (3) 4-6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why