Sanam reaches final of Toronto event, Malik bows out
New Delhi: Sanam Singh is one win away from clinching his second ITF Futures singles title of the season as he has reached the final of the Toronto event after a tough victory over fifth seed Michael Shabaz.
The second seed Indian beat the American 6-3 3-6 7-5 in the semifinals.
Sanam now faces top seeded Canadian Peter Polansky, who advanced to the summit clash after getting a walkover from Vijayant Malik.
Malik and Sanam had also conceded the doubles semifinal due to the former`s unspecified injury.
If Sanam wins the singles final, it will be his second title, having triumphed at an event in America in March.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed