Sanam reaches final of Toronto event, Malik bows out
New Delhi: Sanam Singh is one win away from clinching his second ITF Futures singles title of the season as he has reached the final of the Toronto event after a tough victory over fifth seed Michael Shabaz.
The second seed Indian beat the American 6-3 3-6 7-5 in the semifinals.
Sanam now faces top seeded Canadian Peter Polansky, who advanced to the summit clash after getting a walkover from Vijayant Malik.
Malik and Sanam had also conceded the doubles semifinal due to the former`s unspecified injury.
If Sanam wins the singles final, it will be his second title, having triumphed at an event in America in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here