Sanam reaches final of Toronto event, Malik bows out
New Delhi: Sanam Singh is one win away from clinching his second ITF Futures singles title of the season as he has reached the final of the Toronto event after a tough victory over fifth seed Michael Shabaz.
The second seed Indian beat the American 6-3 3-6 7-5 in the semifinals.
Sanam now faces top seeded Canadian Peter Polansky, who advanced to the summit clash after getting a walkover from Vijayant Malik.
Malik and Sanam had also conceded the doubles semifinal due to the former`s unspecified injury.
If Sanam wins the singles final, it will be his second title, having triumphed at an event in America in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!