Sanam, Vishnu one match away from main draw
Tashkent: Indian Davis Cuppers, Vishnu Vardhan and Sanam Singh scored contrasting victories to make it to the final round of the qualifying of the Tashkent ATP Challenger here today.
In the second round qualifiers, third seeded Vishnu came back from a set down to register 6-7(5) 6-3 6-3 win in an hour and 51 minutes against Germain Gigounon of Belgium. Vishnu hammered 16 aces during the match.
He will now take on Martin Emmrich of Germany in the final round tomorrow.
Sixth seeded Sanam also made it to the final qualifying round after outplaying Georgia`s Aleksandre Metreveli, grandson of former Russian tennis great Alexander Metreveli, 6-2 6-4 in an hour and five minutes.
The Indian will face another Georgian, fourth seeded Nikoloz Basilashvili for a place in the main draw.
Meanwhile, another Indian Davis Cupper, Yuki Bhambri has been drawn to play eighth seeded Karol Beck in the first round of the main draw that begins here tomorrow.
Divij Sharan and Yuki, the lone Indian pair in the doubles draw, will take on third seeded German duo of Andre Begemann and Martin Emmrich in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof