Sania-Bethanie reach finals of Stuttgart WTA event
Stuttgart: Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands earned themselves a shot at their third title of the season by reaching the final of the WTA Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, here.
The unseeded Indo-American pair carved out a 6-4 7-5 win over local favourite combination of Angelique Kerber and Andrea Petkovic in the semifinals in one hour and 31 minutes.
Sania and Bethanie converted six breakpoints and saved nine on their own serve.
They will clash with giant-killers and another local favourites Sabine Lisicki and Mona Barthel, who got the better of Darija Jurak of Croatia and Katalin Marosi 6-3 6-4 in the other semifinal of the USD 795,707 clay court event.
Sania and Bethanie had won Brisbane and Dubai events early in the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal