Sania-Bethanie reach first final of the season at Brisbane
Brisbane: Sania Mirza and her American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands on Thursday reached the first final of the new season when their opponents -- Daniela Hantuchova and Katarina Srebotnik -- conceded the semifinal match at the WTA Brisbane International, here.
The unseeded Indo-American pair was leading 5-1 in the opening set when Hantuchova found it unable to continue due to a groin injury.
Sania and Bethanie had shocked second seeded pair of Liezel Huber and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez 6-2 6-3 in the second round of the USD 1000,000 event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?