Sania, Cara end runners up in Stuttgart WTA event
Stuttgart: Sania Mirza will have to wait for her first title of the 2014 season as she lost the summit clash of the PORSCHE Tennis Grand Prix with partner Cara Black, here today.
Playing their second final of the season, the second-seeded Indo-Zimbabwean pair lost 2-6 3-6 to top seeds Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci in one hour and 10 minutes in the final of the USD 710,000 clay court WTA premier event.
Sania had reached the Indian Wells final last month but there also she had ended runners-up with Cara.
Nevertheless, it was good start for Sania and Cara in the clay court season ahead of the French Open, the Red Clay Grand Slam, starting next month in Paris.
After losing serve twice in the opening set, Sania and Cara could do little against the world`s best doubles team.
They split USD 16,129 as prize money and earned 305 points each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi