Sania, Cara end runners up in Stuttgart WTA event
Stuttgart: Sania Mirza will have to wait for her first title of the 2014 season as she lost the summit clash of the PORSCHE Tennis Grand Prix with partner Cara Black, here today.
Playing their second final of the season, the second-seeded Indo-Zimbabwean pair lost 2-6 3-6 to top seeds Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci in one hour and 10 minutes in the final of the USD 710,000 clay court WTA premier event.
Sania had reached the Indian Wells final last month but there also she had ended runners-up with Cara.
Nevertheless, it was good start for Sania and Cara in the clay court season ahead of the French Open, the Red Clay Grand Slam, starting next month in Paris.
After losing serve twice in the opening set, Sania and Cara could do little against the world`s best doubles team.
They split USD 16,129 as prize money and earned 305 points each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list