Sania-Cara in quarterfinals of WTA Indian Wells tournament
Indian Wells (USA): Fifth seeds Sania Mirza and Cara Black reached the quarterfinals of the WTA Paribas Open following a straight sets victory over Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears, here.
The Indo-Zimbabwean pair beat the unseeded American combo 6-3 6-4 in one hour and 12 minutes in the second round of the USD 5,946,740 hard court Premier WTA tournament.
Sania and Cara saved five of the eight break chances they faced and converted five of the nine chances they got. They won 59 points to 44 of their rivals.
Sania and Cara have not gone beyond the quarterfinals in four tournaments they have played this season.
At Australian Open and Doha they reached the last-eight stage while at the season-opener in Sydney and in Dubai they made first round exit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey