Sania-Cara in quarterfinals of WTA Indian Wells tournament
Indian Wells (USA): Fifth seeds Sania Mirza and Cara Black reached the quarterfinals of the WTA Paribas Open following a straight sets victory over Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears, here.
The Indo-Zimbabwean pair beat the unseeded American combo 6-3 6-4 in one hour and 12 minutes in the second round of the USD 5,946,740 hard court Premier WTA tournament.
Sania and Cara saved five of the eight break chances they faced and converted five of the nine chances they got. They won 59 points to 44 of their rivals.
Sania and Cara have not gone beyond the quarterfinals in four tournaments they have played this season.
At Australian Open and Doha they reached the last-eight stage while at the season-opener in Sydney and in Dubai they made first round exit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August