Sania-Cara lose in BNP Paribas final
Indian Wells: Sania Mirza and her Zimbabwean partner Cara Black lost to top seeds Hsieh Su-Wei of Taiwan and Peng Shuai of China in straight sets in the women`s doubles final of the BNP Paribas Open, a Premier WTA tournament, here on Sunday.
The top seeds prevailed over the fifth seeded Indo-Zimbabwean combo 7-6(5) 6-2 in a contest that lasted an hour and 30 minutes, as they improved their perfect record in the WTA doubles finals to an 11-0 mark.
Sania and Cara started well, racing to a 4-2 lead in the first set and had a set point while serving at 6-5, but Hsieh and Peng fought back strongly to take the opening frame to a tie-breaker.
The number one team finally managed to win the set after nearly an hour`s play. "First set we were down when we started. It`s really windy, and (they`re also a) really good doubles team. Black has a lot of experience for the doubles and gave us like a lot pressure. Really happy to win again," said Peng.`
In the second set, Hsieh and Peng hardly spared an inch to Sania and Cara, wrapping it up rather comfortably in the end.
Sania had once won the BNP Paribas Open women`s double title with partner Elena Vesnina in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH