Sania, Cara seeded fourth at Wimbledon
London: Sania Mirza and her partner Cara Black have been seeded fourth in the women`s doubles event of the Wimbledon championships while Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek are seeded fifth in the men`s doubles.
Another Indian competing in the men`s doubles is Rohan Bopanna, who is seeded eighth along with Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi.
For Mahesh Bhupathi, the Wimbledon championship will be his swansong tournament. He has teamed up with Poland`s Marcin Matkowski.
Another Indian who is striving to make the men`s doubles is Purav Raja, who is competing in the Qualifiers with Brazil`s Marcelo Demoliner.
Somdev Devvarman will be lone Indian competing in the singles. The draw for the singles will be announced on Friday while the doubles draws will be announced next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!