Sania climbs up the ladder
New Delhi: Sania Mirza might have been out of action in singles but she still managed to gain four places to be at 187th spot in the latest WTA rankings issued on Monday.
The Hyderabadi girl, however, has lost three places in the doubles rankings to be at the 12th position, after she and her Australian partner Anastasia Rodionova suffered an upset first-round exit in the Madrid Open last week.
Meanwhile, the out-of-action Somdev Devvarman is currently placed at 230th spot in the latest ATP singles rankings list.
In the doubles rankings, both Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna continued to be at number seven and 12th positions, respectively.
Mahesh Bhupathi, meanwhile, has managed to gain a position to be at number 14 in the doubles ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das