Sania climbs up the ladder
New Delhi: Sania Mirza might have been out of action in singles but she still managed to gain four places to be at 187th spot in the latest WTA rankings issued on Monday.
The Hyderabadi girl, however, has lost three places in the doubles rankings to be at the 12th position, after she and her Australian partner Anastasia Rodionova suffered an upset first-round exit in the Madrid Open last week.
Meanwhile, the out-of-action Somdev Devvarman is currently placed at 230th spot in the latest ATP singles rankings list.
In the doubles rankings, both Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna continued to be at number seven and 12th positions, respectively.
Mahesh Bhupathi, meanwhile, has managed to gain a position to be at number 14 in the doubles ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details